Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Mint Candy Apple meets Flecked

You may be a polish addict if...

So, my local Sally Beauty never got the Finger Paints Special Effects flaky glitter polishes in... and I was ok with it. At least I was until I saw these swatches on the lovely Let Them Have Polish. Then it became my life's mission to obtain them at any cost. Of course, by the time I realized how deeply I needed these amazing glitters they were sold out at every Sally's in the DC metro area. Not easily deterred, I took to eBay and managed to justify paying about %60 more than the original retail price... I'm a broke college student - clearly I've got my priorities straight haha!

My first bottle, Flecked, arrived today and is every bit as wonderful as I hoped it would be! I wanted to give it a warm welcome, so I introduced it to one of my long time loves, Essie's Mint Candy Apple.

Alone Mint Candy Apple is a gorgeous, creamy, mint joy! This is one of my all time favorite polishes, definitely a go to! Here I've got three coats - my bottle is older and has been well loved, so I have added a few drops of thinner.



And here we go with two coats of Flecked! I don't think my camera was quite able to capture how gorgeous these two are together in real life - like iridescent sea glass. Worth every cent! I'll be eagerly awaiting the arrival of the rest of the collection :)

Am I crazy? What lengths have you gone to for the perfect polish?

xoxo Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment